The annual Research Teachers Conference
, a program of Society for Science & the Public
, will take place September 28 - 30, 2018 in Washington, DC. Two hundred high school teachers will be selected via lottery to attend - one third each of veteran, intermediate, and novice research teachers. Travel, lodging, and meals will be covered for all attendees.
Please complete the following information to enter the lottery. The lottery sign-up will close July 2, 2018 and those selected will be announced on July 10, 2018.
Eligibility: (no exceptions)
- Must be a teacher employed full-time by a high school in the United States.
- Must teach a STEM course to students in at least one grade between 9th and 12th.
- Preference will be given to schools who have not attended in the past
- Past attendees should reenter to be eligible for future opportunities.
Lead Research Teachers:
This year, a set number of former intermediate or veteran attendees will be selected to return as Lead Research Teachers. They will present, along with some fellow attendees, in addition to serving a role in other aspects of the conference. Please indicate below if you would be interested in applying for this role.
- If selected, your name and school will be publicly announced.
- This program is possible through the generous support of Regeneron.